Dec 19, 2014
Every road comic knows the frustration of leaving town with hours
to spare only to find themselves stuck in traffic, construction or
an airport for a rediculous amount of time.
On the road, time is your enemy and technology is your friend.
We discuss some of our favorite travel apps. We also discover a few
new ones thanks to our friends in a few different Facebook groups
(shout outs included).
- Great apps for storing your confirmation numbers for all of
- Driving apps to help you save gas, find a place to fill
- Alternatives to Taxis and how to beat the traffic
- Why I haven’t tried Uber or Lyft ... yet
- Flying apps to track your flight and reduce stress in making
- Subway apps for going subterranean like a mole with
- Hotel apps for saving cash on bookings and dodging the bed
- Why I will never stay at a “Bed and Breakfast” again
- How to make the most out of your trip by going “local”
- How to never miss the “World’s Largest Ball of Twine”
- Staying safe in foreign countries - and online
- And how to shush the noisy room next door with some white
We took the notes for you ...
Want a handy reference sheet with all the apps we discuss in this
episode? Just subscribe to the bi-monthly "Insider Tips Newsletter"
by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and
put “Travel Apps/Insider Tips” in the subject header. If you don’t
mind, also include your name, where you are located and how you
found out about the podcast.
Included in each edition are:
- podcast recaps
- comedy news
- and a specific writing or performing "challenge" to take your
comedy to the next level
leave a comment and ranking.